Winter Ascent of Vihren Peak via Djamdjiev Ridge. This is one of the most beautiful and technical winter ascents we offer. If the group has enough time the route can be extended with climbing of Hvojnati Peak and a subsequent descent by Muratovo lake.
In the beginning of the rock part of Djamdjiev Ridge at sunrise
Per person for minimum 3 clients - 124 €
The group is maximum 3 people.
The Price Includes
- Mountain guide;
- Group climbing equipment.
The Price Does Not Include
- Mountain health insurance;
- Stay in hotel / hut;
- Personal equipment such as harness, ice axe, helmet and carabiners.
In the beginning of the rock part of Djamdjiev Ridge
Day 1: Vihren hut (1950m) - 1/2 hours
Arrival in Sofia, meeting with your guide and travel to Bansko. From Shiligarnika, where we will leave the car, we have an easy two-hour walk to Vihren hut. In the hut we will check the personal equipment of each participant and give instructions for the next day.
Day 2: Vihren (2914m) - 8/9 hours
We will leave the hut at 4.30 a.m. We should reach the foot of the ridge at sunrise. Here we will get roped and for the next 2 hours we should overcome the technical part of Djamdjiev Ridge. After that we will climb on easy slopes which will lead us to the top. If we keep good paste we should be at the top at 10 a.m. Provided that the snow conditions are good we will descent towards Kabata. In case there is an avalanche danger we will go back the way we climbed up.
December, January, February & March
To accomplish the climb you need to be in excellent physical condition and to have also serious previous mountaineering experience including climbing on rocks, ice and mixed terrain, traversing ridges, self-arrest technique and deftly using ice-axes and crampons.
На всички свои клиенти Школа по катерене и алпинизъм "Вертикален свят" издава поименен Талон за еднократна отстъпка в размер на 10%, за закупуване на необходимата за участие в програмата екипировката от магазин Вертикален свят. За повече информация как да се сдобиете с такъв талон прочетете нашите Условия за ползване на талона.
- 40-litre rucksack;
- Mountaineering boots - warm and suitable for crampons;
- Gaiters (with a strap under the boot);
- Crampons with anti-balling system;
- Technical ice axe;
- Telescopic ski poles;
- Lightweight and comfortable climbing harness
- Screw-gate karabiner;
- Head torch with new batteries;
- Warm socks (+ spare pair);
- Carline-type thermal T-shirt, avoid using cotton as it absorbs moisture and dries slowly;
- Polar fleece sweater;
- Down or Thermolite jacket;
- Carline-type or stretch polar fleece leggings;
- Waterproof jacket (with hood) and over-trousers (Gore Tex);
- Hat or headband;
- Ski goggles;
- Pair of lightweight gloves;
- Pair of warm gloves or mittens;
- High SPF sun cream;
- 1-litre insulated water bottle;
- Snack food;
- A lightweight sheet sleeping bag for the night in the hut.